- The visionary idea to educate the mankind conceptualized in 2003, named Raman Society, is a Not-forˇProfit society working with a zeal, providing selfless service to the people at large for two decades.
- In 2003, Kamla P.G College, founded under the aegis of the Raman Society, is a co-educational institute which provides equal opportunities of learning to both the boys and the girls. The college is providing valued-based quality education in Science and Arts at Under-Graduate and the Post-Graduation levels.
- The college has specific features, such as, well-experienced and qualified staff, innovative approach of teaching and learning, discipline, healthy teaching-learning environment, spacious lush green campus, smart room teaching through modern teaching aids, excellent infrastructure, central library, spacious laboratories.
- Willing to build up their career in Science and Arts and to get a real higher education through hard work to join the courses here, to prepare themselves and grab higher and higher horizons of achievements, the students from the locality, district and nearby states join this college.
- The college is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge, and striving for holistic excellence, emancipating and empowering the traditionally neglected girl-child through quality education and the ability to face peer pressure in a constantly evolving modern world.
- The college students imbibe the seeds of knowledge and Indian values to serve the Nation which results into several landmarks for the institution. It acts as an inspiration to put in more effort for constant growth in a positive direction.
- The college has been an institute with permanent NOC from the state Government of Rajasthan since 22.1.2016
- The college received affiliation from the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur on 15.10. 2003 which continued to be till the affiliation of the college from MS Brij University, Bharatpur.
- Permanent Affiliation was granted to the college on 18.11.2022 by MS Brij University, Bharatpur.
- The college is marked with ISO 21001:2018 (Certificate No. 204030723) certified by Quality Veritas Certification Limited United Kingdom.
- The college promotes excellence in all its endeavours and all round development of its students.
- The prestige of the college is enriched with the quality education which it provides to the students through which it prepares them for the service to the Nation.
- The institution has had the privilege of hosting several dignitaries in its academic functions and events over last two decades.
- Providing ethical and value based education.
- Nurturing a sustainable educational environment.
- Building intellectual and imaginative minds.
- Imparting high quality, affordable and accessible education.
- Enhancing knowledge through global education and through the modern teaching aids
- Nurturing, harnessing and exploring the potential of the students
- To cultivate knowledge, skills, values and confidence in the students to grow, thrive and prosper.
- To instigate the spirit of leadership, integrity and deep sense of social justice in the mind of students.
- To encourage and promote students to participate in various extracurricular and sport activities.
- To enhance the commitment of faculties and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice and democratic citizenship.
- To establish global competence among thinking and positive spirits of the students
- To provide specific need based education and training opportunities for continuous professional development and all-round education to each student through enjoyable and innovative curriculum by giving individual guidance to each student “Who is going to be a future citizen of India”.
1.2 Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Challenges (SWOC)
- Preferential option in admission for young aspirants from the underserved sections of the society
- State-of-the-art facilities for teaching, learning, research, sports, students’ recreation, hostels for the boys and girls on demand, health center and food court
- Soft skills development integrated curriculum for all UG and PG students
- 90% PhD holders faculty members and 01 research supervisor
- Research publications: 50
- 5 functional MOUs signed with various institutions
- Systematized accompaniment programmes of counseling and Promotion of spiritual well-being of students of all creed and faith with regular spiritual events
- A democratically elected student’s body to best represent the aspirations of the students
- A vibrant Kamla P.G College Association with more than 1871 active student members
- 10 reputed schools, companies like RECL (Rajasthan Explosive and Chemicals Ltd.) visit regularly and 100 students are recruited while 200 students pursue higher studies.
- More than 100 students received the government scholarships and 02 students received various management scholarships to the tune of Rs.80000.
- Brand Name of the College in the State
- Dedicated and highly qualified faculty with number of international and national research work and publications
- Bright and disciplined students
- Proactive and visionary Management
- High demand ratio for all the programmes
- State-of-art infrastructural facilities for sports and games
- ICT enabled teaching- learning environment with focus on practical learning.
- Audio Video enabled classroom, class rooms with Smart Boards, Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Formal and informal collaborations with UGC Resource centre GAD-TLC, IBF, Rajasthan Kickboxing Federation, EHS Alliance Services, Gurugram, NIPAM etc.
- Centrally located, hence easily accessible to the students from remote areas
- Convenient fee structure for the students from poor financial background
- Strong motivation for extra-curricular and extension activities
- Hostel facility for boys and girls on self support basis
- The need to develop and invest more in human resources for an interactive and blended-learning pedagogy for an effective and efficient learning environment
- The lack of systemic mechanisms for monitoring student progression
- Underutilization of the physical infrastructure for monetization
- The strong drive required for promotion of consultancy
- Expansion needed to have national/ international collaborations.
- No accommodation facility available for teaching staff
- No Sanction of major projects and minor project in Sciences and arts from Government Agencies
- Great pool of alumni, but weak alumni contribution.
- There is more to be done with respect to applied and skill oriented course.
- Lack of vocational programmes
- Starting online programmes
- Becoming an autonomous Institution to degree awarding college as a first step
- Identifying relevant and viable UG & PG programmes in various domains to cater to local, national and international needs
- Tapping the potentials to start more Honours
- Programmes in various disciplines
- Exploring and strengthening academic linkages and to create new avenues for staff and student exchange programmes with the universities and colleges abroad
- Expanding the hostel facilities to accommodate more students
- Networking robust research collaboration with national and international institutions/agencies
- Mentoring the non-accredited intuitions to go for assessment and accreditation with the financial and other support from UGC
- Exploring more avenues for promotion of entrepreneurship, incubation centres and start-ups
- Academic flexibility and scope for introducing new courses on account of newly obtained academic autonomy
- Developing vibrant partnership with industry for training and development
- Faculty with international exposure and potential for developing multidisciplinary as well as interdisciplinary academic/ research programmes
- More departments with the potential to be elevated as research centers
- Scope for strengthening outreach programme.
- Extension of Research and industrial collaborations at national and international level institutions and organizations.
- Short term internships with media houses, NGOs and legal professionals for Arts students
- Keeping pace with global development in pedagogy and research
- The ever-increasing cost of various resources for its acquisition and maintenance
- Realizing the staff exchange schemes with international institutions
- Attracting more multinational companies and reputed corporates for campus placements with comprehensive compensation for students of arts and Science stream
- Attuning to changing government/ policy making institution of higher education.
- Courses with the current curriculum to add value resource augmentation for a growing institution
- Stiff competition from both upcoming and established institutions.
- Implementing the curriculum as per the changing needs of students and society.
- Keeping pace with the changing requirements of global market
- Making place among institutions of National Status.
- Adjusting academic and co-curricular activities to the rapidly changing socio-economic- political and techno environment.
- More departments with the prospects to become Centre of research
- To involve more financial participation of alumni in growth and development of the institution.
1.3 CRITERIA WISE SUMMARY
The college has been exercising its quality initiative since inception of college and hence has a greater role and the responsibility of implementing the prescribed curriculum with periodical revisions for assured graduation and post graduation outcomes. The academic directive is utilized in an effective manner through the implementation of syllabus.
- This responsibility is well exercised and ensured through the successful implementation of the curriculum which helps to attain the Program Outcomes (POs), Program Specific Outcomes (PSO) and the Course Outcomes (CO), as suggested by the UGC, parent University (Maharaja Surajmal Brij University, Bharatpur, Rajasthan) and promoting programme together with suggestions from various stakeholders.
- The institution has academics with wide options for UG, PG level in Science, and Arts streams. Currently, the institution is offering 08 UG Programmes, 02 PG Programmes (02 more proposed and applied PG Programmes, i.e., MA in English & M. Sc. In Botany) and encourages students to participate in various Skills and Value Added Certificate Programmes through SWAYAM National Portal.
Teaching-learning and Evaluation
- The College has highly qualified academicians who are specialized in their respective subject areas.
- Many amongst its faculty are renowned authors, researchers and competent teachers who have also been a part of the restructuring committee undertaking student-centric research projects, workshops, seminars, and conferences and various activities at National and International levels.
- A good number of the faculty has adopted various ICT methodologies for effective delivery which are student centric focusing on experiential learning and problem-solving methods.
- The teachers identify slow learners and facilitate them through special coaching and remedial programmes.
- Holistic development of all students is monitored through an effective accompaniment and mentoring system.
- The college has adopted many innovative practices in teaching-learning to further encourage innovation in Teaching and Learning.
- Regular training programmes at the college level have been organized through the lectures of the staff and others on new teaching, learning and evaluation methodologies to all academic staff to enhance and sharpen their teaching skills and enable them to bring about greater learning outcomes.
- The college has a logical objective and transparent system of assessment and evaluation.
- The University COE office has its exclusive software to manage its various requirements of results and verification.
- The mark statement of college has various security features fixed by parent university.
- The IQAC conducts quality academic and administrative audit evaluation at the end of each year for improving the academic quality.
- Students can peruse the valued answer scripts of the internal tests.
- There is a provision to apply for revaluation of answer scripts of the final examinations.
Research, Innovations and Extension
- Kamla P.G College has a strong research culture. It aims at promoting multidisciplinary research and education in Arts, Sciences.
- The college allows all the teachers to attend national and international conferences being organized in India and through Raman Society, allows them a grant towards registration if they desire to do so.
- The college has a Research and Development Advisory committee to promote the research culture among UG and PG students.
- More than 100 articles were published in the various national and international research journals.
5 functional MOUs leading to collaborative activities towards teaching-learning enhancement, organizing programmes etc. in the college.
- UG & PG students are required to complete 60 hours of community service (Through NSS/ Voluntarily).
Infrastructure and Learning Resources
- The institution is centrally located and spread across 1.25 acres of land area.
- It is housed in a state of the art infrastructural set up:
03 constructed floors with 18 class rooms
05 conference / seminar halls
02 Staff rooms (01 for Gents Staff & 01 for Ladies Staff)
01 Open air theatre
02 Botanical gardens
03 Smart class rooms
01 Library and Book Bank
01 Outdoor and Indoor stadium
01 Adequate Parking for staff and students
01 Boys’ hostel with occupancy of 20 (Self-support Service)
01 Girls’ hostel with occupancy of 10 girls (Self-support Service)
- Institutional library has a built up area of 2100 Sq. Ft. Located on the Second floor it has an easy access for the students.
- Library has a collection of 10000 books, and 05 journals and 2 magazines.
- The college maintains an e-library
- Institution has installed more than 20 computers, out of them 18 with dual core processor, 3 with i5 processor and remaining are Core 2. All computers in laboratories and office are connected through LAN system.
- Institution has 01 computer laboratory.
- All laboratories are provided with broadband facilities through four broadband connections.
- The campus is Wi-Fi enabled with password security and firewall. Along with these provisions, institution also has 03 printers and scanners
- The institution has developed two botanical gardens. This also includes greenhouse, shade-house with special collection of medicinal plants.
- It has a lush green lawn and plantation, which provides it an eco- friendly look.
- Institution provides excellent sports facilities, such as, archery etc. within the institutional campus for students.
- It has its own playground developed as stadium with sitting capacity of 500 spectators and an indoor stadium.
- Various courts for basketball, badminton, volleyball, hockey, football etc. are available for student-practice and matches.
Student Support and Progression
- The students have progressively excelled in examinations through constant students’ accompaniment programmes like tutorials, remedial and mentoring programmes.
- Kamla PG College Dholpur encourages students by conferring various awards, medals and merit scholarships to the deserving students and always supports the students of the underprivileged sections of society by providing adequate financial assistance.
- The college has an active Placement cell to promote job opportunities.
- An exclusive Student support service unit is established to offer academic, financial and personal support services, such as Scholarships, Management Concession, Special English Programme, Supplementary Education, Special Coaching, Remedial Programmes, Personality Development through Life Skills, Art and Literature.
- One of its chief focuses is empowering students from marginalized section of the society especially, the Dalits, to face the challenges in life with dignity.
- College takes sustained effort in the area to ensure academic excellence and skill development among its students.
- Understanding the vitality and need of society the institution has constituted Internal Complaints Committee against Gender Harassment and Anti-Ragging Cell along with various other committees, which follows the guidelines defined by Central/State
Government and UGC.
- Mobilization of financial resources leads to progressive efforts.
Institutional Values and Best Practices
- The Institution is conscious of its responsibility towards nation in specific and world in general and through its various curricular and extracurricular activities. It is regularly promoting environmental issues of conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
- The faculty members of the institute are highly motivated towards fulfilling their responsibilities as global citizens and are regularly engaged in inspiring the students towards achievement of sustainable growth and environmental protection.
- Green audit is conducted in the institution with the help of external agencies as well as by the students of Green Club.
- Sustainable activities like Environmental Audit, rainwater harvesting, vermin compost pit etc. are installed and the institution has shifted to the use of LEDs for conservation of resources.
- E-Waste is regularly sent for recycling and carbon footprints are reduced through restricted entry of vehicles within the premises and plantation of trees within an outside the campus. Toxic and hazardous waste from the labs is properly managed.
- Offline admissions, one time filling of examination form, regularly updated website for academic and examination related information, setting up of examination cell for fair and transparent conduction of examination, single window student help line for various services etc. are the administrative changes and innovations brought about in last five years.
- The vision and mission of the institution is reflected in its best practices which involves faculty and student participation in social outreach program.
- The institution has taken over the responsibility of the villages SANDA and DUN KA PURA near Dholpur district, and the student activities involving social outreach like Beti Bachao Beti Padhao program promoted by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi as well as promoting organic agriculture, water harvesting etc. are promoted in the village by NSS volunteers.
- The institution understands its responsibilities in the field of women empowerment and is continuously working towards it through its various programs.