In pursuance of UGC Regulations, 2015 (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) read with Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) is re-constituted in Kamla P.G college to deal with the complaints relating to Sexual harassment at work place.
As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee has been established by Kamla P.G College, Dholpur to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere for the staff and students of the College.
The committee has well-developed guidelines and norms for a policy to uphold zero tolerance towards sexual harassment. The college has entrusted the task of developing principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment to this committee. The Committee take measures aimed at achieving gender equality, removal of gender bias or discrimination, sexual harassment, and other acts of gender-based violence by organising awareness programmes and campaigns for the benefit of all members of the College.
- To evolve a mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases.
- To create a secure physical and social environment which will deter acts of Sexual harassment.
- To promote a social and psychological environment that will raise awareness about sexual harassment in its various forms.
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized
Powers of the Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee
- The Committee shall have the power to summon witnesses and call for documents or any information from any employee/student.
- If the Committee has reason to believe that an employee/student is capable of furnishing relevant documents or information, it may direct such person to produce such documents or information by serving a notice in writing on that person, summoning the person, or calling for such documents or information at such place and within such time as may be specified in the written notice.
- Where any relevant document or information is recorded or stored by means of a mechanical, electronic or other device, the Committee shall have the power to direct that the same be produced, or that a clear reproduction in writing to be produced.
- Upon production of documents / information called for by it, the Committee shall have the power to (i) make copies of such documents / information or extracts there from; or (ii) retain such documents / information for such period as may be deemed necessary for purposes of the proceedings before it.
- The Committee shall have the power to issue interim directions to / with regard to any person participating in the proceedings before it.
- The Committee shall have the power to recommend the action to be taken against any person found guilty of (a) sexually harassing the complainant; (b) retaliating against / victimizing the complainant or any other person before it; and (c) making false charges of sexual harassment against the accused person.